Sunday, August 26, 2012

E-Wing Mk II, Finished

Finally got this one wrapped up, and just in time too as my wife is about to go into labor with our second kid any day now. I'm really happy with the way this one turned out.

Up first, the last of the work in progress pics. Here is Corran and his droid Whistler in the cockpit before I sealed it up. I use plain Elmer's white glue to hold my canopies on simply because it dries clear and unlike CA superglue, it has no fumes that cause the canopy fog.
After that, it was as simple as putting down my base coat of Tamiya Insignia White and masking off the panels that I wanted to stay white.


A few coats of different greens, a little decal work and flat coat later, everything here is finished. I give you Corran Horn's E-Wing Mk II:






Thanks for looking.  I plan on being very busy for the next few months with a newborn girl, so I'm not sure what my next project will be or even when I will start it. But, when things settle down a bit I will be back. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment